This recipe is to celebrate World Egg Day! Happy Egg Day…
Serves: 4Prep Time: 5 minsCook Time: 10 mins
Fresh eggs fried in olive oil along with tasty black olives are a great breakfast treat.
- 8 Large Eggs
- 12 Black Olives (I Recommend Kalamata or black olives)
- 16 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil (2 Tablespoons per Egg)
- Coarse Sea Salt
- Sliced Toasted Country or Turkish Bread
- In a heavy bottomed frying pan heat 8 tablespoons of the oil until very hot.
- Add half the olives, and carefully break 4 of the eggs and slide them into the pan.
- Cook the eggs over medium-high heat, spooning the hot oil over the whites until the whites are set but the yolk is still runny about 4 minutes.
- Remove the eggs, and place two to a plate along with some olives.
- Cook the remaining eggs in the same manner.
- Serve with a sprinkling of coarse salt on top, along with some sliced, toasted country bread.