Recipe contributed by Rash Vallery Olives in Queensland.
This mousse is smooth and decadent. Olive Oil and chocolate are a match made in heaven. This mousse is a pleaser and is so easy to make… for the kids omit the Cointreau & Espresso.
Makes 10 x 100mL serves
- 6 eggs
- 400g good quality dark chocolate
- 250g icing sugar
- 80mL Cointreau
- 50mL strong espresso coffee
- 300mL Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Melt the chocolate (over hot water)
- Separate the eggs
- Whisk the egg yolks and ½ the sugar till smooth
- Add the Coffee and Cointreau
- Add the melted chocolate
- Gradually add the Rash Valley Extra Virgin Olive Oil until well blended
- Whisk the egg whites and other ½ of the sugar until
- Almost stiff (don’t over-whisk it though)
- Gently fold into the chocolate mix
- Spoon into ramekins or glasses, and chill for minimum 4 hours (preferably overnight)
- Serve with shortbread biscuits and lavender ice cream.